Preventing Fatigue & Burnout
An eye-opening dive into the way our body produces energy, with practical tips and best practice for those suffering from fatigue and burnout or at the stage of prevention
Who it’s for:
Anyone with an interest in preventing fatigue and burnout or recovering from them.
What it covers:
The WHO recently defined burnout as a result of chronic workplace stress, which leads to exhaustion and impacts our engagement and effectiveness at work. In a more general sense, fatigue can have many causes, from long term stress to specific health conditions. In both cases, judicious diet, lifestyle and mindset changes can strongly influence both prevention and outcomes in the long term.
- What’s the definition of fatigue and burnout?
- How to recognise the signs
- Let’s look at what’s going on physiologically: how we produce energy
- What can go wrong? From insulin resistance to hormones and nutrient deficiencies
- 10 Practical steps for preventing fatigue and burnout. These include tests to ask your GP for, rest and pacing, managing chronic stress, knowing whether the exercise or not and how, the role of digestion, specific nutrients and potential supplements to consider.
- Things to avoid which can worsen fatigue and burnout
This session will equip your employees with practical insights and tools, with a unique nutritional focus, in preventing fatigue and burnout, two closely connected conditions which are becoming more and more widespread.
- Understanding what fatigue and burnout mean and how to recognise them in ourselves and others
- Participants will come away with a toolkit of techniques and nutritional measures to help them better deal with long term stress and fatigue
- This workshop will open up the conversation around fatigue and burn-out as something which is increasingly common and recognised and which can be supported through diet and lifestyle.
What people say:
“An important topic which is all too often ‘under the radar’ but could do with being talked about more. I found the information very helpful and the advice achievable and inspiring. Thank you” (NOC)
Interested in booking a wellbeing webinar or workshop?
What workshop formats are available?
- 30-minute taster session (on-site or as a webinar)
- One-hour session (on-site or as a webinar)
- Half day workshop & group coaching session (on-site)
How is Body Composition Testing Carried Out?
- Drop-in session, from 5mins to longer individual consultations (on-site)
- 30-minute group coaching & Q&A (tests performed in confidence) (on-site)
How can we support our employees in different locations?
- A webinar recording tailored to your organization
- Live webinars delivered remotely
- We allow clients to set up a live video link to our on-site workshops
What is the booking process?
Once we’ve agreed your choice of workshops and dates, we will send you a booking confirmation. You’ll then receive your promotional email template and online booking facility to help you drive sign-ups. We’ll work closely with you to build engagement and maximise attendance on the day.
What happens after the session?
We will gather feedback from attendees at the end of the session and send you a report. Sessions are followed by additional resources sent by email, including recipes and posters.
Who will be presenting the workshops?
Our workshops are facilitated by qualified nutritionists registered with a professional body such as BANT, CNHC or AfN. Our facilitators have extensive experience of the workplace environment and take a practical, down to earth approach designed to inspire and motivate a corporate audience.
Will the workshop be tailored to our organization?
We work very closely with each of our clients to understand their work culture and objectives. As part of the booking process, we will complete a facilitator brief to include any background information needed to make the content relevant to participants.