An action plan for boosting the body’s natural defenses against illness, from immune boosting nutrients to exercise and other lifestyle practices.
Who it’s for:
Anyone who wants to strengthen their body’s natural immune system and resistance to bugs and illnesses.
What it covers:
Winter is a challenging season for health and wellbeing at the best of times. With the emergence of new bacterial and viruses such as Covid-19 and the threat of other yet unknown strains, strengthening our natural defenses is becoming more important than ever.
According to Harvard Health, our lifestyle choices are our first line of defense. We share insights into our immune system and alongside the recommendations to avoid the spread of infection, we look at:
- What is the immune system and why do we need it?
- Innate vs adaptive immunity – what is the difference and why do you feel so horrible when your immune system is “working”?
- Nutrition and immunity – foods, herbs and nutrients to know about
- Zinc, which is a mineral good for everything
- Vitamin C – will lemon tea make me feel any better?
- Vitamin D – test yourself
- Beta-glucans – “magic” mushrooms?
- Elderberry and Echinacea – best at cold prevention?
- Ginger, garlic and honey – did grandma know best?
- Sleep – how a lack of sleep affects your ability to fight infection
- To exercise or not to exercise when you are unwell?
Help your employees feel empowered, not powerless, to do whatever they can to strengthen their body’s natural defences. Optimising our health naturally can improve our chances of prevention as well as faster recovery from bugs and illnesses.
Participants will gain an understanding for how our immune system works and take away practical steps to implement throughout the year to benefit their immune system and general health.
What people say:
“I found this workshop very useful and can’t wait to include more of the foods mentioned in my diet as well as for the whole family.”
Interested in booking a wellbeing webinar or workshop?
What workshop formats are available?
- 30-minute taster session (on-site or as a webinar)
- One-hour session (on-site or as a webinar)
- Half day workshop & group coaching session (on-site)
How is Body Composition Testing Carried Out?
- Drop-in session, from 5mins to longer individual consultations (on-site)
- 30-minute group coaching & Q&A (tests performed in confidence) (on-site)
How can we support our employees in different locations?
- A webinar recording tailored to your organization
- Live webinars delivered remotely
- We allow clients to set up a live video link to our on-site workshops
What is the booking process?
Once we’ve agreed your choice of workshops and dates, we will send you a booking confirmation. You’ll then receive your promotional email template and online booking facility to help you drive sign-ups. We’ll work closely with you to build engagement and maximise attendance on the day.
What happens after the session?
We will gather feedback from attendees at the end of the session and send you a report. Sessions are followed by additional resources sent by email, including recipes and posters.
Who will be presenting the workshops?
Our workshops are facilitated by qualified nutritionists registered with a professional body such as BANT, CNHC or AfN. Our facilitators have extensive experience of the workplace environment and take a practical, down to earth approach designed to inspire and motivate a corporate audience.
Will the workshop be tailored to our organization?
We work very closely with each of our clients to understand their work culture and objectives. As part of the booking process, we will complete a facilitator brief to include any background information needed to make the content relevant to participants.