Nutrition for a Longer, Healthier life
Squeezing modifiable risk factors
We look at nutritional and lifestyle habits which minimise risk factors and contribute to longevity
Who it’s for:
Anyone interested in optimizing their overall health and longevity through diet and lifestyle. This workshop if particularly relevant for participants over the age of forty, who want to focus on maintaining and even improving health as they age.
What it covers:
As life expectancy increases, so do our chances of living a 100-year life. At the same time, our healthy life expectancy falls on average 16 years short due to chronic illnesses linked to diet and lifestyle. By being in the know, it’s possible to influence our long term health, at any age, by focusing on our key modifiable health risks. In this motivating session, we guide participants to create their own plan for a longer healthier life:
- Why some risk factors are called ‘modifiable’ and what it means for you (including smoking, sedentary lifestyle, harmful use of alcohol, unhealthy weight and diet)
- 7 rules to reduce risk factors, including:
- What are disease fighting nutrients and the only diet scientifically shown to reduce cardiovascular risks?
- What makes an anti-inflammatory diet, from healthy fats to a wide variety of fruit and veg
- Looking at salt intake
- How to exercise for health
- Other important factors such as stress sleep and Vitamin D status
A highly topical workshop, which presents evidence-based information in an engaging format to motivate lifelong healthy habits.
- Increased awareness of the importance of healthy ageing
- An understanding for the role played by diet and lifestyle choices and the positive impact we can have, no matter when we start
- A diet and lifestyle plan to get started with
What people say:
“Motivating and inspiring. Thank you.”
Interested in booking a wellbeing webinar or workshop?
What workshop formats are available?
- 30-minute taster session (on-site or as a webinar)
- One-hour session (on-site or as a webinar)
- Half day workshop & group coaching session (on-site)
How is Body Composition Testing Carried Out?
- Drop-in session, from 5mins to longer individual consultations (on-site)
- 30-minute group coaching & Q&A (tests performed in confidence) (on-site)
How can we support our employees in different locations?
- A webinar recording tailored to your organization
- Live webinars delivered remotely
- We allow clients to set up a live video link to our on-site workshops
What is the booking process?
Once we’ve agreed your choice of workshops and dates, we will send you a booking confirmation. You’ll then receive your promotional email template and online booking facility to help you drive sign-ups. We’ll work closely with you to build engagement and maximise attendance on the day.
What happens after the session?
We will gather feedback from attendees at the end of the session and send you a report. Sessions are followed by additional resources sent by email, including recipes and posters.
Who will be presenting the workshops?
Our workshops are facilitated by qualified nutritionists registered with a professional body such as BANT, CNHC or AfN. Our facilitators have extensive experience of the workplace environment and take a practical, down to earth approach designed to inspire and motivate a corporate audience.
Will the workshop be tailored to our organization?
We work very closely with each of our clients to understand their work culture and objectives. As part of the booking process, we will complete a facilitator brief to include any background information needed to make the content relevant to participants.