4 diet & lifestyle pillars to help prevent and manage back and joint pain, bone fragility and RSI.
Who it’s for:
Anyone who suffers from issues such as back pain and arthritis or wishes to prevent musculoskeletal conditions in future.
What it covers:
According to the World Health Organisation, up to 1 in 3 people live with a painful musculoskeletal condition. People at all stages of life suffer from these conditions, the most common being osteoarthritis, back and neck pain, bone fragility, and rheumatoid arthritis. Risk factors include inadequate physical activity, obesity, smoking and poor nutrition. For those who spend much of their working day sitting, or who carry out manual tasks at work, taking care of MSK health is all the more vital. The good news is, there are steps we can take to help prevent and manage these problems.
In this highly pro-active workshop, participants will get to create their personal action plan, guided by a qualified nutritionist, around each of the 4 pillars of MSK health:
- Nutrient intake
- An anti-inflammatory diet
- Posture, movement, physical activity and rest
- Addressing the stress to relieve muscle tension
Nutrition is rarely addressed in the context of musculoskeletal health and yet plays a significant role.
- Increased awareness of the importance of diet and lifestyle in MSK health
- Personal plan created during the course of the workshop
- Practical steps which can help prevent and improve MSK issues
What people say
“I’m so glad I attended today. The information about inflammatory foods was particularly enlightening!” Anon.
‘Really like how nutrition was a primary focus for musculoskeletal health. I found this session extremely interesting.’ Anon., IG
Interested in booking a wellbeing webinar or workshop?
What workshop formats are available?
- 30-minute taster session (on-site or as a webinar)
- One-hour session (on-site or as a webinar)
- Half day workshop & group coaching session (on-site)
How is Body Composition Testing Carried Out?
- Drop-in session, from 5mins to longer individual consultations (on-site)
- 30-minute group coaching & Q&A (tests performed in confidence) (on-site)
How can we support our employees in different locations?
- A webinar recording tailored to your organization
- Live webinars delivered remotely
- We allow clients to set up a live video link to our on-site workshops
What is the booking process?
Once we’ve agreed your choice of workshops and dates, we will send you a booking confirmation. You’ll then receive your promotional email template and online booking facility to help you drive sign-ups. We’ll work closely with you to build engagement and maximise attendance on the day.
What happens after the session?
We will gather feedback from attendees at the end of the session and send you a report. Sessions are followed by additional resources sent by email, including recipes and posters.
Who will be presenting the workshops?
Our workshops are facilitated by qualified nutritionists registered with a professional body such as BANT, CNHC or AfN. Our facilitators have extensive experience of the workplace environment and take a practical, down to earth approach designed to inspire and motivate a corporate audience.
Will the workshop be tailored to our organization?
We work very closely with each of our clients to understand their work culture and objectives. As part of the booking process, we will complete a facilitator brief to include any background information needed to make the content relevant to participants.