The World Health Organisation defines self-care as “the ability of individuals, families and communities to promote health, prevent disease, maintain health, and to cope with illness and disability with or without the support of a healthcare provider”.
We highlight how important it is to view self-care not as a luxury, but as an opportunity to prevent or control disease, by making healthy choices every day.
What it covers:
Our thought-provoking self-care webinar highlights how our daily actions have a significant impact on health outcomes.
We outline the evidence for taking preventative action against disease including the importance of getting regular health checks and explore other elements of self-care such as posture, social connection and remembering to renew your prescription!
- Examining the definition of self-care and busting the myth that self-care is selfish
- Exploring the science of prevention and proven behaviours that reduce disease risk
- The six pillars to self-care: hygiene, nutrition, lifestyle, environment, socioeconomics, and self-medication
- The Wheel of Life and how this can help identify key areas to support
- Practical ideas on how to embrace self-care and empower your health
Participants will come away from this session with the understanding and importance of self-care, practical techniques for self-care, increased self-awareness, connection with others, and inspiration to prioritize self-care in their daily lives for better physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing.
Interested in booking a wellbeing webinar or workshop?