Discover the physiology of stress and anxiety and how it’s impacted by our daily diet and lifestyle habits
Who it’s for:
Anyone who struggles with anxiety
What it covers:
If you feel that recent months have been mentally challenging, you are not alone. With many new pressures and unprecedented changes to contend with, our levels of stress and anxiety have been widely reported to be on the rise globally.
Whilst we can’t change these external factors, there are positive habits we can practise to condition ourselves mentally and cope better with these challenges. This session explores the influence of our diet and lifestyle on the physiology of stress and emotions such as anxiety. You’ll leave with practical strategies you can start implementing straight away to feel mentally stronger:
- The physiology of stress and anxiety: hormones, neurotransmitters and their repercussions around the body
- The stress-sugar-anxiety connection
- The nutrients, diet and lifestyle habits which can nourish and support us in times of stress
Take away diet tips and daily practices such as breathing techniques you can use to feel mentally stronger and empowered through changeable and uncertain times.
This workshop explains in detail the mechanisms that underlie our body’s stress response and the emotion of anxiety that can arise as a result. This clear perspective is empowering and helpful in understanding the steps that can be taken to minimise the impact of anxiety in our life.
“Extremely interesting and informative session with a very knowledgeable speaker. I have learnt a lot! Thank you :)” KR, Commerzbank
Interested in booking a wellbeing webinar or workshop?
What workshop formats are available?
- 30-minute taster session (on-site or as a webinar)
- One-hour session (on-site or as a webinar)
- Half day workshop & group coaching session (on-site)
How is Body Composition Testing Carried Out?
- Drop-in session, from 5mins to longer individual consultations (on-site)
- 30-minute group coaching & Q&A (tests performed in confidence) (on-site)
How can we support our employees in different locations?
- A webinar recording tailored to your organization
- Live webinars delivered remotely
- We allow clients to set up a live video link to our on-site workshops
What is the booking process?
Once we’ve agreed your choice of workshops and dates, we will send you a booking confirmation. You’ll then receive your promotional email template and online booking facility to help you drive sign-ups. We’ll work closely with you to build engagement and maximise attendance on the day.
What happens after the session?
We will gather feedback from attendees at the end of the session and send you a report. Sessions are followed by additional resources sent by email, including recipes and posters.
Who will be presenting the workshops?
Our workshops are facilitated by qualified nutritionists registered with a professional body such as BANT, CNHC or AfN. Our facilitators have extensive experience of the workplace environment and take a practical, down to earth approach designed to inspire and motivate a corporate audience.
Will the workshop be tailored to our organization?
We work very closely with each of our clients to understand their work culture and objectives. As part of the booking process, we will complete a facilitator brief to include any background information needed to make the content relevant to participants.